A few days ago, Friends House Restaurant passed its annual audit from the Soil Association and it was a success! We maintained our Gold Food For Life Accreditation. To achieve this level, we had to go through a list of criteria, as described in the Handbook for 2015 [PDF: 3.91mb-new window].
For our customers, it means that we have managed to maintain the great care that we put into the food we cook. We follow some essential rules to guarantee the quality of our food and maintain the wellbeing of our customers and staff:
- we prepare healthy, low salt homemade dishes
- all our food is free from MSGs, GM food, trans fats and certain artificial additives
- we know where our meat comes from and it is farm assured
- we do not use any fish that is listed as avoid on the MCS fish to avoid list
- at least 15% of alll our ingredients are organic
- we try to use as much local produce as possible
- we train and develop the team of staff
- we use seasonal food where ever possible
- all our suppliers have been audited by us to ensure they comply with food safety legislation
- we cater for special diets and design our menus based on customer feedback
Our Café and our events also offer organic, locally-sourced and fair-trade products. For the year coming, we will carry on our work and commitment and we hope that you will enjoy our food as much as we enjoyed doing it!